View Post

The Hospitality Industry Guide To Managing Online Customer Reviews

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven

When it comes to optimizing for the search engines, every business will utilize slightly different methods depending on their unique needs. But for the restaurant and hospitality owner, it seems like every technique must be taken into account while implementing SEO strategy, and with good reason. When people search the Internet they are looking to do something — roughly 80% of these individuals are doing research, whereas the remaining 20% are looking to make a purchase decision (almost always after doing research of some kind).

View Post

Latest Instagram Update Includes Video Tagging, Shoppable Stories & More

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven


Within the last 24 hours, Instagram has quietly rolled out another significant update to its platform that all business owners and marketing professionals would be wise to pay attention to. The social media giant is releasing impactful new features including video account tagging, shoppable stories and ability to browse items for sale within the Explore feed.

View Post

Beginner’s SEO Checklist For Content Marketing Campaigns

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven

Digital marketing best practices have evolved tremendously over the years, but one thing will always remain true: optimized content reigns supreme. Nearly every business owner, blogger, digital marketer and tech-savy person is well aware that the most effective campaigns are unique, relevant and share-worthy for a targeted audience or demographic. What fewer Webmasters know is that the secret sauce for a successful content marketing campaign truly lies in how it is intercepted and understood by the search engines.

View Post

Why Kristin Cavallari’s Social Media Girl Is An Employer’s Biggest Nightmare

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven

Let me start off this post with a few disclaimers. One, my secret guilty pleasure of late has been watching E!’s newest reality show, Very Cavallari — and two, that it actually made me see the former Laguna Beach star in an entirely new light. While Cavallari’s quick wit, direct demeanor and life-of-the-party attitude are still firmly intact, the budding commercial empire she’s humbly been building for the better part of a decade is truly impressive.

View Post

Google Makes Search Console Verification & Setup That Much Easier

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven

While setting up a business account on Google isn’t exactly rocket science, there are definitely a few steps that go into the process. Traditionally, this has been particularly true when installing data tracking software on one’s site. Until recently, Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools’ accounts had to be verified separately — and all too often, setting up accounts with the latter has proved to be more trouble than it should be.

View Post

WordPress Finally Testing A Front-End Editor But Is It Too Little, Too Late?

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven

When it comes to digital marketing, you never know what you will discover by simply logging in and paying attention — literally. I was especially intrigued when I logged into District Maven’s website dashboard over the weekend to discover this message from Wordpress (featured on the right). It highlights their newest platform offering: an internal front-end editor, which according to Wordpress, will make coding even easier for the Average Joe to tackle, straight from the content management system itself.

View Post

Google’s Event Marketing Update Is Proof Of Why They’ll Always Be The G.O.A.T. Of Search Engines

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven

Looking to fill your end-of-summer calendar with nearby events, attractions and things to do? You’re in luck! Google has taken its integrated, vertical search engine for events up a notch, making it easier than ever to snag tickets to the coolest happenings in town. The gods over at Google have been merging quick search tools into results pages for quite a while and last year first introduced this event search platform – providing all the information attendees would ever need to know. The latest update gives the initial platform a mobile-friendly facelift, making it more robust and customized to user preferences.

A SEO Glossary For Beginners & Small Business Owners

In Tips & Tricks by District Maven

When I first founded District Maven, most conversations with potential new clients (and current ones, for that matter) revolved around why one should engage in online marketing in the first place. Thankfully, the public’s general understanding as grown alongside technology, ultimately leading to far more insightful, advanced conversations. However, just because more people know they need to utilize digital marketing strategies doesn’t mean that they understand what any of it actually means. Even fewer people know to implement them — and with good reason.